So you’re following the alkaline lifestyle but temptation is around you all the time. On top of that, everything you read contradicts the last thing you read. Keep the following vital things in mind and keep it simple. The alkaline lifestyle should improve your life, not cause you more stress.

  • Don’t overcomplicate things. As long as you are eating mostly vegetables, you’ll be alkaline. That’s basically what the alkaline lifestyle is all about, the rest are details!
  • the alkaline lifestyleWhile drinking plenty of water is vital to stay hydrated, make sure you eat plenty of water based foods as well. Such liquids will be more easily absorbed by the body than bottled water and are likely to contain some vital minerals, nutrients and vitamins not found in a bottle of water.
  • When you are tired of alkaline vegetables, stay far away from processed food which is mainly acidic. Instead opt for wholegrains which will have much more nutrient content than processed foods and will more likely be packed with fibre.
  • Don’t judge a food by its taste! As an example lemons and limes taste acidic, they are in fact highly alkaline forming in the body.
  • Stay away from sugary drinks- these are immensely acidic forming. In addition, I’m sure everyone is aware of the adverse consequences of a high sugar intake.  
  • Our own blood is alkaline (between 7.35 and 7.45 on the pH scale).
  • The acid/alkaline spectrum of foods runs between 1 and 9.
  • Follow the 80/20 rule – which means make sure 80% of the food you eat is alkaline and you can still enjoy what you like with the other 20% – so no need to sacrifice what you really like.
  • Red meat is highly acidic, so if you like a steak, why not add a salad to compensate? Ideally you would minimize your meat intake altogether when following the alkaline lifestyle.