Diets can get complicated, especially an alkaline diet. But one rule is easy – eat salad, and eat lots of it. Salad is alkaline, it is water-rich and easy to digest. Tick, tick and tick on the alkaline health check list. But there is just one problem, eating salad every day can get very boring! An alkaline diet, and especially salads should not get boring – so let’s experiment with some awesome alkaline salad dressings.
My New Alkaline Salad Dressing
I started experimenting with some new ideas for alkaline salad dressings, some were delicious, others were ok, some were terrible (I mean really terrible). This salad dressing is my new favourite. It’s alkaline, it’s healthy and it’s so simple to make.
- Juice one lemon into a cup
- Chop a little basil and to the cup
- Chop up two garlic cloves and add this to the cup
- Grind some seasalt over this (make sure it’s not table salt)
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a little cayenne pepper if you like it spicy (I’ve even added a freshly chopped pepper in there for a real kick)
It’s really that simple. But trust me, it is awesome. It really makes your salad taste fresh, with a little kick. I love it. The garlic if mixed up with some tomatoes make it extremely delicious.
I’m sure there are some full fat creamy dressings that taste better, but I love this alkaline salad dressing.
Let me know what your favourite salad dressing is!