Wheatgrass. The so called super food. There’s plenty of claims out there of how wheatgrass can change your life. I’ve tried it several times now, and I’m undecided, let’s look at some of the benefits of wheatgrass.
Benefits of wheatgrass
When looking for an unbiased look at something, I like to head to webmd. I found this article on the facts and the benefits of wheatgrass. Here’s the summary:
- The main (undisputed it seems) wheatgrass benefit is that it contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium, and amino acids.
- Lack of scientific evidence to support all the claims that it can treat various conditions.
- Wheatgrass is used for increasing production of hemoglobin, the chemical in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
- Some wheatgrass fanatics use it to combat grey hair!
- It is used to improve sugar disorders such as diabetes.
- Wheatgrass is said to have antioxidant and anti-inflamatory effects.
- Seems to kill bacterial infections.
So, this seems pretty epic! But what worries me more is that there just seems to be a lack of scientific evidence. I keep on buying high quality wheatgrass, but I can’t decide whether it’s me eating super healthy or the wheatgrass that makes me feel better, or both.
Wheatgrass is the answer to everything
I have actually done a lot more research on wheatgrass than just checking webmd by the way! But I thought giving an overview would be useful to those not familiar with wheatgrass. If you’re really interested, there’s plenty of scientific papers discussing wheatgrass (I’ve read quite a few and they can be a bit dry). The issue with all of these is that it remains pretty inconclusive.
If you google wheatgrass, you’ll find plenty of websites making crazy statements. I don’t want to do that as I think they are misinforming a lot of people. Using some common sense, can it really be the solution to all our problems? I vote no. But can it be beneficial to our lives? I vote yes.
I’ll post some tips on what wheatgrass to buy, and how to take it. I found a great waste to cover the somewhat nasty taste! I’ll post more about wheatgrass later.
Let me know what you think about taking wheatgrass
I’d love to hear what everyone here thinks. Do you take wheatgrass regularly? Do you think wheatgrass is as great as the sellers of wheatgrass proclaim it to be?
Let me know your thoughts!